Further information on the upcoming transit and transportation referendum is now available.
Most importantly, here is the list of requirements in order to vote:
- be a Canadian citizen
- be 18 years of age or older on May 29, 2015
- have been a resident of British Columbia for at least 6 months immediately before May 29, 2015
- be a resident of the transportation service region
- be registered as a voter in British Columbia or be qualified to register as a voter in the plebiscite*, and
- not be disqualified by the Act or any other enactment from voting in the plebiscite or be otherwise disqualified by law
Mailing of ballots will begin on March 16 and voting ends on May 29, 2015.
If you want to register to vote, or if you want to check your voter registration, visit the Elections BC’s website. Please note, if you are not registered to vote, you must do so before midnight on May 15, 2015. A voter package will be mailed to you. The package includes a postage-paid return envelope.
* – note: we use the words ‘referendum’ and ‘plebiscite’ interchangeably